AMRITAM PROJECT REPORT –August, 2018
- Sevamritham – The festive spirit of Raksha Bandhan was felt in the true sense when students of 9th grades visited the families near the school to distribute around 150 Kgs of rice and clothes. The students were fully involved in the Sevamritam Project, right from collecting, measuring and sorting rice in different buckets for distribution. The classes that contributed the maximum towards Sevamritam are 6A,6B and 7A.
- ‘Sealing of Desires’- A total of Rs. 5,400/- was collected in the month of August and the classes who are leading the contributions are 7A, 4A, 6B, 8C and 5B. A heartfelt acknowledgement to the contribution of our teachers who have chosen to remain anonymous. The money contributed will be utilized towards buying food and other essential items for the families.
- Wealth from Waste – A total of 10 Cloth bags was stitched by the students of classes 7B
- Bhootayajnam –Students from pre-primary to Std II continue to get grains like rice, millet, jawar to feed birds.
- Grihamritam – Students visited the Green Soles organization in Mahape to hand over the shoes collected under the “Happy Feet” campaign. The students were taken a tour of the factory where they understood the process of refurbishment and how these shoes will be useful to children living in villages who walk long distances bare feet as they cannot afford shoes.
- Snehamritham- Birthday of students, teachers and staff are celebrated by announcing their names during the assembly. Shradhanshu Deo(3C) donated 7 Kg rice, Gaurav Sonavane (4A) donated 5 Kg Wheat, Adarsh Raj(6A) donated 2.5 kg rice,Sanket Rajkumar (9A) and Sharanya Poojary(4C) donated 1 Kg rice each, Shamika Mohite (6A) and Manashree Mokal (7C) donated clothes, while Yajurva Chikane (4B) donated Rs. 500/- and Adarshraj(6A) donated Rs. 200/-
- Pushpanjali – Students lovingly bring flowers which are offered at the holy lotus feet of Amma each day.