1. Sevamritham – Sevamritam in-charge teachers Mrs. Indira Warrier, Ms Shibina and Mrs. Sarika Mishra along with the student leaders took the opportunity to express their gratitude to Gangubai who toils in the scorching heat as a construction worker. Students gave her 10kgs of rice that was collected this month as a part of Sevamritam Project. The joy on the face of Gangubai upon receiving the rice said it all. The thought of ‘giving’ has been ingrained in our students, so much so, that we no longer need to remind them to contribute towards our projects. The classes which hav contributed maximum towards Sevamritam is 6B, followed by 8A, 8B and 10A. The students of Chinmayi House also donated 1 Kg rice, Stationery and clothes.
2. ‘Sealing of Desires’- Every bit counts. Students are now used to the concept of contributing a part of their desires towards this project. A total of Rs.3,400/- was collected in the month of June. Leading the contributions were 6C class (Rs. 526/-), followed by 4B class (Rs.372/-). The money will be utilized towards buying food and other essential items for the needy.
3. Bhootayajnam – The rains have brought respite from the heat and it was a treat to our eyes to see the tiny tots squeal with delight when rains lashed yesterday. They also filled the bird feeder as a part of the Bhootayagnam Project. Sparrows find their ways to the bird feeders and as it is difficult for birds to find food and shelter during the rains, care is taken to ensure that they are always replenished.
4. Grihamritam – “Conserve Water, Conserve Life” campaign was initiated and students eagerly acted as brand ambassadors of this campaign by making creating banners containing catchy slogans.
5. Snehamritham– The practice of celebrating birthday of students during the morning assembly continues. Pranav Mohinekar (8A) donated 2 Kg rice and Arya Motling of (4B) donated 1 Kg rice.
6. Pushpanjali – Students lovingly bring flowers which are offered at the holy lotus feet of Amma each day.